About residents of the United States there are so many stereotypes and misconceptions. And there are simple – the bare facts. A dozen of them today, we have decided to share with you …
1. The average American consumes 800 grams per year of chewing gum. 50% of the gum is spit out on the sidewalks, park benches and under the seats in public transport.
2. According to statistics, during the World Cup football in the United States the average American worker spends at work to discuss games 10 minutes a day. Damage caused by neglect of the country more than $ 800 million.
3. The average American, come to the doctor, express his complaints in 23 seconds. 68% of visits to doctors in America are somehow related to the presence of obesity or smoking.
4. In the U.S., the largest number of restaurants, “McDonald’s”. On the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of “McDonald’s” in Chicago opened the largest restaurant of this company, its 2230 square meters.
5. Car not only 0.2 percent of American families. In 82% of households have two vehicles: passenger cars and mini-veins. Both cars are usually bought on credit.
6. In each third of American families have pets. About 40 thousand American families keep at home urchins, although zoologists are not recommended, as in many states to keep a home urchin is prohibited by law.
7. In the U.S. there are more than 1,100 Satanic sects. In 1987 U.S. President Reagan publicly acknowledged “the important role of Satanism in contemporary American life,” and have passed laws expanding the rights of Satanists, including the adoption of the civil service.
8. In the U.S. there is no official language. English adopted as an official only at the level of some states.
9. Every day, Americans throw in the trash 20 000 TV, 150 thousand tons of packaging materials and 43 thousand tons of food.
10. Only 55% of Americans know that the sun – a star
Ads by Google