1. The world’s largest producer and consumer of whiskey is in India.
2. Malt Whisky red wine is more useful because it contains more ellagic acid – an antioxidant that can stop the growth of cancer cells and to resist heart disease.
3. During the “Dry Law” in the U.S. was only allowed whiskey drink, but only for “medical needs”.
4. A bottle of whiskey can be kept 100 years, without losing the taste of the drink. After opening the whiskey can be kept for 5 years
5. The official founding date of Scotch is the year 1494, which was dated record of the Royal Treasury that a John Cor bought 500 kg of malt for the production of «aqua vitae».
6. Americans acknowledged whiskey and began producing his own just after Prohibition 1920.
7. Whisky – a good object for investment. A bottle of 17 year old whiskey Ardberg cost in February 2005, $ 75, and in November 2007 – now $ 198. Thus, an increase of almost 250% for 30 months.
8. Name a drink derived from the Celtic expression uisce beatha (water of life).
9. Current title: Whiskey spelled whisky – in the Scottish version, and whiskey – all the rest. If the bottle is written «whisky» it is precisely manufactured in Scotland, if «whiskey», then where else, but not in Scotland.