July 29, 1994, rolling out the movie “The Mask” – one of the most prominent role by Jim Carrey, Cameron Diaz, and the debut of the revolutionary with special effects. Probably every one of you have watched that, it became a classic comedy, but you should know some interesting facts about your favorite comedy character…
1. The director’s film begins with a prologue showing the arrival Viking ship at North America in the 11th century. The Vikings landed on the shore, buried a chest with a mask of the god Loki and removed.
2. In the film, Loki is called “the god of evil”, which he did not. However, given the nature of Loki is true enough – in Norse mythology, its distinctive features are the duplicity, resourcefulness, cunning and guile.
3. Night Club Coco Bongo, is the name of Jim Carrey’s club in Cancun, Mexico.
4. Directed by Chuck Russell, he said that the project was originally “Mask” was conceived as a fairly hard horror film based on the comic book of the same name (which was rated for adults and characterized by naturalistic image of violence), but later transformed into a comedy, Jim Carrey became a benefit.
5. Hero Jim Carrey was a big fan of cartoons. It was therefore decided that he will become a mask, the hero will represent various cartoon characters. The result was played with such famous characters studio Warner Bros., Like the Tasmanian Devil, Bugs Bunny and Pepe Le Pew and the wolf from Tex Avery cartoons, the behavior of which copied by the mask during the performance of Tina.
6. Cameron Diaz for the role of Tina Carlyle was the debut. She had to audition 12 times, and adopted the role of a future star of comedy in just 7 days before the start of filming. Prior to this role she wanted to invite Anna Nicole Smith – at that time, almost as unknown, but the “budding” blonde.
7. For Cameron Diaz Irish singer Susan Boyd mezzo-soprano sings in the film
8. The scene, in which the mask is running away from the pursuing gangsters and pulls out a used condom from his pocket and said, “Oops, not the pocket”, was an improvisation actor.
9. The bright yellow suit, which Jim Carrey the hero wears, dressers was prepared at the request of the actor. So Jim would like to express a tribute to his mother, because her mother made similar suit for his first performance as a stand-up comedian.
10. According to the initial idea huge teeth of Mask should only be used for the silent scenes. However, Jim has shown skill and learned to talk with these “teeth-age”, which gave him position of more eccentric hero .