Due to abnormal cold that reached in Canada, Niagara Falls is freezing, which is considered the biggest fall in the world.
Polar vortex, which covered the United States, not only brought the damage to the economy of about $ 5 billion, but claimed nearly 20 lives. For several days the temperature in the continental U.S. – from California to New York, fell below the normal 14-19 degrees. Such frosts like Antarctic, America has not seen for nearly 20 years. For the first 100 years of frozen Niagara Falls. Check out the pictures…
1. Because of record of low temperatures and cold wind in America Niagara Falls partially got frozen (pictured) – on the border of the United States and Canada.
2. In the area of the waterfall the air temperature dropped to 28 degrees below zero.
3. Record amount of ice on the Niagara River after warming threatens to flood the city of Niagara Falls.
4. And so serene landscape looks far away from the observation deck of Niagara.
5. Despite the cold, Niagara attracts tourists who are eager to see the rare phenomenon – a waterfall but Icy.
6. This Tuesday near Niagara Falls lowest temperature was recorded.
10. But looks so Niagara summer.
11. American Falls, one of the three waterfalls that form a complex Niagara, last freeze in 1911-1912. In 1912, It was completely frozen for 40 hours.