Dozens of skiers set new world record. 145 water skiers from all over the world gathered in the bay in Makuayra Strahane on the west coast of Tasmania. To get into the Guinness Book of Records , the participants had to hold on skis 1.85 km.
(5 Photos and 1 Video)
1. Dozens of skiers set new world record – 145 pulling a boat off the coast of Tasmania. (By Mark Seaton Photography)
2. Even though the nine participants were unable to hold out, 145 skiers were able to break the world record set at the same venue two years ago. Then the number of skiers was 114.
3. Participants pulled the boat, capacity of 3000 horsepower, which attached with a 98-meter beam, so that because of the rope, skiers not get confused.
4. The youngest participant – Alexandria Seaton was only 12 years old.
5. Idealy weather conditions have helped to break the world record for skiers. The new record should be confirm by the representatives of the Guinness World Records,who followed the event, a couple of weeks.
Check out the videos: