The extremely engineered development of mankind,a steel body fitted with four wheels. A car is not only a means of transport,but a style statement too. It boosts your appearance,to have a unique car under your arms. A Car is a status symbol for more then hundreds of years. It has seen a lot of developments,changes before coming in its present form. From earliest FORD to latest MAIBACH, every thing is almost changed. Car has been a good choice for people who loves unique and weird things,to show their love. Here are some great UNIQUE cars with WEIRD power sources.
1. A motorbike has been introduced by a Japanese company,named as Toilet Bike Neo. As it will get powered by excrement,it will waste nothing. TOTO,a leading toilet manufacturer of Japan,is behind this creative bike which uses a modified lavatory and a mobile laboratory for processing.
As it converts waste into bio-fuel for engine,this bike motivates the rider to use the portaloo as regularly as possible on every journey. Carbon excretion will get reduced by 50 percent in upcoming six years,is the hope of company. Presently this bike is touring Japan for promotion.
2. A Jaguar XJ6 has been converted by a farmer of Somerset to run on apple fuel. This fuel will be produced directly in the car by the pulp of apple core and grass waste. This farmer is using his own methane fuel for less then 50p per litre.
3. A real life “dung beetle”, The GENeco Bio-Bug. This prototype gets powered by household poo. According to GENeco,this car can be powered to run 10000 miles by using 70 household dung heaps. But,besides everything,I guarantee it stinks…
4. Some companies invested to introduce pedal powered cars,some to introduce leg powered cars for grown ups,but some companies are one step ahead. The Human Car PS,has launched a car that ROWS by arms of the 4 passengers. The car needs to be rowed by using its on board sticks. No steering is provided,as you have to move your butt to direct this car.
5.This latest Blood Hound,is hoped to set a record for speed on land.a jet engine is used to reach a running in speed of about 300mph,at which,it switches over to hybrid rocket power. About 180 f1 car energy is the total for this. The manufacturers except to reach 1000 mph in just 42 seconds.
6. Nuclear power is the future need,this was probably the idea behind this invention.Ford in 1958,reckoned that Uranium reactor may be fitted into a car to power the engine. So NUCLEON scale model was built. The reactor was needed to be swapped for about per 5000 miles. This idea never seen the day light.
7. Some years back,in the early motoring days internal combustion cars was rivaled by steam engine cars,but eventually,steam cars got out of race. Coming back in 2009,this British car set a new record by achieving the top speed of139.843 mph.
8. A well famed car all over the world but this Brazilian uno is different from others as it can run on petrol as well as on alcohol. An overwhelming example for the world to use renewable sources of fuel rather than the non renewable one.
9. French giant Venturi has a dream to launch the worlds first solar powered car , but till now any solar car could run only 4.5 miles in a day. So Venturi also placed a roof mounted turbine on the car to recharge the photovoltaic cells.
10. Chrysler is the only company which produced its totally gas powered car in 1963. This car can run on anything from a slippery oil to coarse land. It produces a power of 44500rpm.
11. This car was launched by the Japanese company genepax in the year 2008. But unfortunately it was shutter down due to the lack of explanation of its working.
12. It’s the world fastest wind powered car which can reach a speed of 126 miles/hr, it is produced by the British wind farm experts Ecotricity and can be taken as a car/boat or an aeroplane.
13. Though a borrowed car of Prince Williams but it can run completely on ethanol and is also economic as it can run 10 miles in a gallon of wine.
14. This car is wood powered as it uses wood chips as a fuel and is completely different from its counterparts. It has a top speed of 47.7mph and can travel up-to 20 miles in 11 kg of wood.
15. British drivers founded that cheap vegetable oil can also be used to run the cars and they started to use it as a fuel. They can use 2500 litres of vegetable oil in a year without giving any tax. Very innovative and interesting idea.
16. You can use this toilet not only to piss but to use the electric devices since it also produces electricity. An Ohio scientist discovered it and using electrolysis this can produce 0.0005KW of electricity.