Want to escape the uncomfortable winter and bustle of the city in a warm and secluded place? Here are 20 options, where you can relax and warm up far away from civilization.
1. Lake Crescent, China
Oasis “Lake Crescent» (Crescent Lake) lies near the city of Dunhuang in China. This is a land restoration and tranquility amidst the harsh Gobi desert, through which the Great Silk Road since the Qing Dynasty.
2. Mask, Tenerife, Canary Islands
3. Mask – Pearl on the beautiful island of Tenerife.
This village in the mountains of Teno are paths that have to go at least three hours, which means that very few people are making such a journey.
4. The archipelago Togian
5. In the Gulf Tomin off the coast of Central Sulawesi in Indonesia 56 scattered islands and islets that make up the archipelago Togian. They are 37 small villages, one of them is inhabited by people of bhajans (Baggio), or “sea gypsies” who live in small huts over the ocean. In some areas, the density of the jungle is so high that the beaches are accessible only by sea.
6. Spiti Valley, India
Spiti Valley lies high in the Himalayas, and because of its remoteness is one of the least populated areas of India. In the cultural center of Buddhism are the oldest churches in the world.
7. Kapaa, Hawaii
Along the coast, Kapaa, Hawaii, there are dozens of hidden beaches, hidden behind a massive rock. Discovering these lonely places incredibly interesting.
8. Kalawao County, USA
9. District Kalawao County with a population of about 100 people has the second largest population in the lower United States. Most of it is occupied by a magnificent Kalaupapa National Park, and the only sign of human life here – it’s a small town, which once formed as a leper colony (in this place exiled people suffering from leprosy and leprosy).
10. Sơn Đoòng Cave, Vietnam
11. If you want to escape from humanity, go to Sơn Đoòng Cave. It is the largest cave in the world about five kilometers in length, the height of about 200 m and a width of more than 150 m, stalagmites are also impressive, reaching more than 60 m in height.
12. The island of Filicudi, Italy
Filicudi – a small remote island Aeolian archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea, lies about 48 km from the coast of Sicily. Its area is less than 10 km 2 , with three-quarters of the total territory is a nature reserve. You indescribable pleasure to walk among the small villages in this stunning piece of land.
13. El Hajer, Yemen
14. Al Hajjarah – a village on a rock in the mountains Kharaz, Yemen. In the XII century citadel built here, and now it is a beautiful city, to get that address only the most courageous travelers, since the environment is quite severe.
15. El Nido, Philippines
16. El Nido – one of the most beautiful places on earth with a superb beach and fascinating ecosystem. It is located on the island of Palawan, Philippines.
17. Huacachina, Peru
Oasis of Huacachina (Huacachina) in Pisco, Peru, known as the “Oasis of America.” According to local legend, the lagoon was formed when the beautiful princess caught while swimming in the bathtub young hunter. Then she quickly disappeared, leaving behind the water tank.
18. Pagano, Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Hidden dense jungle quaint fishing village of Paga in Nusa Tenggara lies (Nusa Tenggara), Indonesia. Its white sandy beaches the most distant from the city.
19. Marieta Islands, Mexico
20. In the early 1900s, the Mexican government to undertake weapon tests Marieta Islands in Puerto Vallarta, a bomb hidden there was this stunning beach. You can reach it only by swimming through a 15-meter tunnel.
21. Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Morro de Sao Paulo – Brazilian quiet village, where you can get to by boat or charter flight, cars are not allowed on the island. The village lies on the three hidden jungle hills, in the place where the canal de Taperoá meets the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
22. Lake Oberon, the island of Tasmania, Australia
Deep in the jungle of South-West National Park in Tasmania hidden wonderful lake Oberon. It is surrounded on all sides by steep cliffs and is especially prized by fishermen, as few tourists know about it.
23. The village of Amed, Kurdistan
Colorful houses of the village of Amed (Amadiyah), in the province of Dohuk, Kurdistan, located on top of a giant plateau at an altitude of almost 1220 meters above sea level. Lodging is available only in the inns, the locals are proud that do not allow the construction of a modern hotel.
24. Desert Badain Jaran Desert, China
In the desert, Badain Jaran Desert, Gansu Province, Inner Mongolia, China, are the most majestic sand dunes in the world, reaching a height of up to 490 meters. They could be compared with the highest World Trade Center. Do not miss the monastery Badan Jilin, reflected in the lake Badain Jaran.
25. Karimundzhava, Indonesia
26. Karimundzhava – an archipelago of 27 islands in the Java Sea, 80 km away from civilization. Only five islands are inhabited by several small villages, most of the rest are natural parks to explore that a boat is incredibly interesting.
27. Monastery of St. Stephanos, Iran
Armenian monastery of Saint Stephanos is 16 km from the town of Julfa, Iran, in a deep canyon along the Arax River. It was built in the IX century, it is now a UNESCO World Heritage site and a real jewel of the desert areas.
28. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Halona Cove Beach – a little-known beach in Honolulu. Despite access to the bay, it is one of the most quiet and secluded beaches on the island.