1. Cure toothache – Got a toothache? Your first priority should be to see a dentist. But sometimes you can’t get an appointment right away, or the professionals tell you it will just have to heal on its own. In that case, try swishing a shot of vodka over the affected area. It can help disinfect, and should numb some of the pain in your gums.
2. For Helathy, lush hair – Vodka doesn’t just make you think people look prettier. It actually can make people prettier. How? Try this remedy for healthier, lush hair: Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. Vodka infact is found to be better than both shampoo and conditioner.
3. Repel insects – You’ve read media reports questioning the safety of repellents, and you are pretty sure you don’t want to take the risk of spraying yourself in the face with poisonous bug killers. Who knew that vodka can kill pesky insects, as well as nagging doubts at the bar? Pour a little of the saucy spirit in a spray bottle and squirt on the little buggers.
4. Preserve flowers – If vodka can help you find love, then it can also help you preserve it – or at least the symbols of it. Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in your flower vase. It should help keep your flowers fresh longer. Change the mixture with fresh ingredients daily.
5. Freshen laundry – You can keep your clothes smelling fresher with vodka â€” really! Simply spritz your duds with the stuff, then hang to dry in a well-ventilated area. (Do a spot-test first to be safe.) Vodka kills odor-causing bacteria, but doesn’t leave a scent when dry.