It is meant to be the happiest day of your life.
So Alex Pelling, 32, and Lisa Grant, 30, must be having an extremely happy year.
The East Yorkshire couple have been travelling the world since last summer and celebrating their love for each other by having 22 wedding ceremonies in different countries – and they still have eight to go.
1. The couple – who know each other for 11 years and been dating for six – said: ‘The idea came as we looked for a place to get married before we left our lives behind to travel around the world for two years.
2. At the ceremony that started everything in Didsbury West Manchester. .
3. Rose petals and romance aboard an old ship in Costa Rica.
4. In Peru, where the couple say the ceremony was the most emotional, touching and beautiful.
5. Old fashioned romance at a flower market in Seattle where local professional photographer Jonas Seaman helped them capture one of their special days .
6. To fund the trip Alex and Lisa and sold both the car repair shop Alex owned and their home. Sticking to a strict weekly budget they have been travelling and living in their 25-year-old Dodge campervan, called Peggy, which has cut out any costs for accommodation. . Photo: a blood-soaked vampire wedding in Hollywood.
7. And of course we could not even begin to afford to throw a wedding every other week if it was not for the generosity of the photographers, suppliers, families and people we meet on our journey. . Photo: spellbinding local rituals in Ecuador .
8. Ever since their first wedding in Manchester (which Alex organised as a surprise for Lisa), the couple have kept an online blog about the travels, and professional photographers have helped document the trip. Anyone who wishes to attend one of their ceremonies can request an invitation on their blog. Photo: The couple – who have known each other for 11 years and been dating for six – get in to character and a bit of local costume in the South American country of Columbia .
9. The couple’s trusty campervan Peggy joins them at the drive-thru chapel in Las Vegas.
10. A blustery beach is the perfect backdrop in El Salvado .
11. A Canadian ranch wedding in Banff (complete with leather chaps and a Stetson) .
12. Saying their vows riverside in Belize.
13. A romantic sunset in Nicaragua.
14. They are together 24 hours a day, seven days a week and live in a van. They arrange weddings, share the driving, split the blog workload and take it turns to make each other breakfast in bed every day. Photo: A local photographer gets arty with some underwater effects in Mexico .
15. The couple toast their second wedding at a vineyard in Quebec .
16. Lisa looks out of place against a backdrop in Belize. The couple say the only unpleasant wedding guests they have had have been ‘a thousand banana spiders in Honduras on the island of Utila, and maybe a couple of smelly drunk fishermen in Chile’ .
17. A dolphin joins in the slightly soggy celebrations in Hawaii .
18. The couple pose for another cinematic shot in Columbia after the ceremony .
19. Two snaps from their trip to Vancouver, Canada. .
20. The couple admit that they still get pre-wedding jitters before every single ceremony, even after 22 times! . 21. Lisa throwing a bouquet in the industrial surroundings of Vancouver airport before the couple head south to the Mexican coast and then on to Guatemala .
22. On the Mexican Coast.
23. In Guatemala the couple are dressed in the colourful clothes as they are blessed. They say that they are still as much in love now as they were when the adventure began .