It is meant to be the happiest day of your life.
So Alex Pelling, 32, and Lisa Grant, 30, must be having an extremely happy year.
The East Yorkshire couple have been travelling the world since last summer and celebrating their love for each other by having 22 wedding ceremonies in different countries – and they still have eight to go.
1. The couple – who know each other for 11 years and been dating for six – said: ‘The idea came as we looked for a place to get married before we left our lives behind to travel around the world for two years.
6. To fund the trip Alex and Lisa and sold both the car repair shop Alex owned and their home. Sticking to a strict weekly budget they have been travelling and living in their 25-year-old Dodge campervan, called Peggy, which has cut out any costs for accommodation. . Photo: a blood-soaked vampire wedding in Hollywood.
7. And of course we could not even begin to afford to throw a wedding every other week if it was not for the generosity of the photographers, suppliers, families and people we meet on our journey. . Photo: spellbinding local rituals in Ecuador .
8. Ever since their first wedding in Manchester (which Alex organised as a surprise for Lisa), the couple have kept an online blog about the travels, and professional photographers have helped document the trip. Anyone who wishes to attend one of their ceremonies can request an invitation on their blog. Photo: The couple – who have known each other for 11 years and been dating for six – get in to character and a bit of local costume in the South American country of Columbia .
11. A Canadian ranch wedding in Banff (complete with leather chaps and a Stetson) .
14. They are together 24 hours a day, seven days a week and live in a van. They arrange weddings, share the driving, split the blog workload and take it turns to make each other breakfast in bed every day. Photo: A local photographer gets arty with some underwater effects in Mexico .
16. Lisa looks out of place against a backdrop in Belize. The couple say the only unpleasant wedding guests they have had have been ‘a thousand banana spiders in Honduras on the island of Utila, and maybe a couple of smelly drunk fishermen in Chile’ .
20. The couple admit that they still get pre-wedding jitters before every single ceremony, even after 22 times! . 21. Lisa throwing a bouquet in the industrial surroundings of Vancouver airport before the couple head south to the Mexican coast and then on to Guatemala .