Art and Image, at the National Portrait Gallery in London
1. A pair of royal portraits will be reunited for the first time in more than quarter of a century in a new exhibition about the Queen. The works by Italian portrait painter Pietro Annigoni will go on display at the National Portrait Gallery in London. It is the first time in 28 years his portrait of the Queen from 1954-5 has gone on public display…
2. …The painting will be shown together with Annigoni’s second portrait of the Queen which was commissioned by the gallery in 1969.
3. Other works on show include Chris Levine’s work, Equanimity, a hologram created by himself and holographer Rob Munday
4. Other artists whose work will be on show include Lucian Freud, Gilbert and George, Andy Warhol and Lord Snowdon. The Queen: Art and Image exhibition runs from 17 May until 21 October.
5. A woman walks past Elizabeth Vs Diana by Kim Dong-Yoo, a portrait of the Queen made using small portraits of Princess Diana
6. A woman photographs Elizabeth Vs Diana by Kim Dong-Yoo
7. A man looks at a painting of the Queen by Lucian Freud
8. Queen Elizabeth ll by Gerhard Richter, 1967
9. Jamie Reid’s ‘God Save The Queen’ is seen near an Annigoni portrait
10. A woman takes a photograph of a Lucian Freud portrait, beside ‘Queen Elizabeth II’ by Hiroshi Sugimoto, 1999