Autumn weather: gale force winds and flooding in parts of Britain
1. Commuters have been hit by flooding on railways and roads, with warnings of more floods to come as some parts of the country face up to three inches of rain in 24 hours.
2. The Met Office is forecasting that up to 100mm (more than three inches) of rain could fall over parts of northern England.
3. The Met Office is also warning of high winds across south-east England, with gusts of up to 60mph inland and 70mph.
4. Aron Martin walks on Marsden beach near South Shields as heavy seas cause lots of foam along the beach
5. An office worker struggles with an umbrella in Leith, Edinburgh
6. Gale force winds drive waves over the coastal road at Sandsend near Whitby, North Yorkshire
7. May braves the wet and windy weather on the beach at Lyme Regis, Dorset
8. A police officer stands in the rain outside 10 Downing Street
9. Larry the Downing Street cat stays out of the rain on the steps of the Prime Minister’s residence
10. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and Business Secretary Vince Cable shelter under umbrellas as they leave the Ricardo Engine