Beautiful satellite images of river deltas around the world
1. These satellite images of river across the beautiful sinuous patterns.
2. The photos show a variety of forms associated with river deltas
3. Deltas are formed by the accumulation of sediment at river mouths
4. One in every 15 people on the planet – around 500 million people
5. Deltas offer a wide range of environments, including wetlands
6. The Ganges-Brahmaputra delta covers a large area of southern
7. It is an excellent example of the importance of deltas in providing
8. Living around deltas can be dangerous, said Helene.
9. Deposition of more sediment also adds weight to the delta.
10. Change to delta systems often occur in cycles, said Helene.
11. A delta in the Yukon River, Alaska
Like Odd Stuff on Facebook