Agree, one good shot of photojournalist can sometimes tell about the event more colorful and eloquent than a thousand words. I suggest you to look SuperCoolPics of 2013. In the pictures you can see a variety of events that have been filmed by professionals as well as bystanders.
1. Greece. Zakynthos. One of the most memorable works of photo contest Red Bull Illume 2013.
3. Fires Wildfire Silver Fire.
4. French soldier poses for a photo in the mask of the hero of the game «Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2″ named Simon “Goust” Riley, It was in the favor of the authorities.
5. Brazil. Solimoyns. November 24. Catching arapaimy.
6. Indonesia. Sibintun, North Sumatra. November 18. Sinabung volcano eruption.
7. Olingito – a previously unknown species of mammals found in tropical forests in northwestern South America. Today we know that the animal lives in the forests of central Colombia to the west of Ecuador, is nocturnal, feeding on fruit.
8. France. Aiguille du Midi, Haute-Savoie, Rhone – Alpes. December 21. Observation deck “Step into the void” at the height of 3842 meters above sea level and 1035 meters above the underlying mountain valley.
9. Lebanon. Saida, southern Lebanon. October 3. A rare hybrid eclipse which varies with the full annular eclipse and back. Last time this eclipse was recorded in April 2005, the following is expected in 2023.
10. Ukraine. Kiev. December 1. Member of “Evromaydana” – an obvious fan of the Scorpion series of games Mortal Kombat – I decided to try their “whip” on the helmets internal troops of Ukraine.
11. Greenland. Kangerlussuaq, Qeqqata. July 13. Glacier.
12. China. Beijing. August 13. Illegal mansion Zhang Bicine roof of flats in Haidian district.
13. Israel. Jerusalem. December 13. Pilgrim at the Western Wall during the very heavy snowfall in the last 100 years in the Middle East.
14. Netherlands. Scheveningen, The Hague. October 28. During a hurricane, “St. Jude.”
15. Russia. Novosibirsk. June 18. Liligrenok mom – ligritsey Zita. In mid-May ligritsa Zita (a hybrid of a lion and a tiger) and a young African lion Sam from Novosibirsk zoo gave birth offspring – three liligryat small cubs.
16. Mars. February 15. Dawn above the Gale Crater photographed by the Curiosity rover.
17. France. Strasbourg, Bas-Rhin, Alsace. July 9. Child from a Muslim family “prays” with adults at midday prayer in the Grand Mosque during the holy month of Ramadan.
18. Germany. Munich, Bavaria. September 21. Participants of beer festival “Oktoberfest 2013″ ride on the carousel in amusement park.
19. Brazil. Rio de Janeiro. October 21. During the unrest caused by the sale of rights to develop oil field Libra.
20. Brazil. Aparecida, Sao Paulo. July 24th Arrival of Pope Francis I in Brazil after World Youth Day. During his stay in the country the first in the history of Latin American pope arranged several meetings with local priests, held worship and visited slums. Listen to the final sermon of the Roman pontiff on Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro came three million Brazilians.
21. Norway. Rjukan, Telemark. October 18. Locals and tourists gather in front of City Hall to admire the reflection of the sun in the giant mirrors mounted above the valley. More than five months of the year Rjukan was cut off from the mountains of the sun, but now 600m ² sunlight will deliver straight to the central square of giant mirrors. (REUTERS / Tore Meek / NTB Scanpix)
22. NGC 4921. It is called anemic spiral galaxy. This means that it has a low amount of star formation, and hence the low surface brightness. (Hubble Legacy Archive, ESA, NASA)
23. UK. London. October 23. During an official photo session on the occasion of the royal family christening 3-month heir to the British throne Prince Dzhorzhd. For 119 years this is the first picture of the Queen immediately surrounded by three generations of the first line of heirs to the throne.
24. Spain. Buñol, Valencia. August 28. During the festival, “Tomatina”. Just over an hour was destroyed 130 tons of tomato “ammunition.” According to estimates of the city administration, in this year’s festival was attended by over 20,000 people.
25. Russia. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. November 13. Olympic Torch Relay “Sochi-2014″.
26. Greenland. Kangerlussuaq, Qeqqata. July 10. President and CEO of High Arctic Institute Kurt Burnham holds a peregrine falcon chicks during the study the possible effects of climate change on bird populations.
27. Philippines. Tacloban, Leyte. November 17. Teenagers playing basketball among the ruins after Tafuna “Haiyang”.
28. November 7. Picture from a satellite during the rampage of typhoon “Haiyang” in the Philippines.
29. UK. London. August 5. Presentation of farmed beef. The uniqueness of this sandwich is that it is cooked roast beef patty synthesized in the laboratory from stem cells dead cow. Two brave present at the presentation were invited to taste the dish. They recognized that the meat is not much different from the original.
30. China. Tianjin. December 17. Statement by representatives of the national team of China Shestova acrobatics directly outdoors in sub-zero temperatures. Thus athletes have tried to convey to the public that this activity should not be equated to a strip show or prostitution.
31. France. Paris. July 14. Fireworks at the Eiffel Tower in honor of Bastille Day.
32. Poland. Gliwice, Silesia. July 15. Excavations “cemetery vampires.” Archaeologists have discovered an ancient tomb dating back to XVII-XVIII century. Five skeletons found, according to scientists, most belong to that on there “vampires” – those who are seriously mistaken for “Vampire” bury. Skeletons were beheaded, and their skulls were lying between the legs. According to ancient tradition, it is one of the most common methods of disposal of vampires. In ancient times believed that as a vampire can not find your head and come back to life.
33. China. Jiaxing, Zhejiang. August 22. The tidal wave caused by typhoon “Trama”. In the Chinese city of Jiaxing, about 50 people were severely affected by excessive curiosity. They watched the unique tidal wave on the Qiantang River, but due to typhoon “TRAM” force tide was so huge that the water is just not noticed obstacles and washed with people parked next to cars and motorcycles.
34. USA. New York. October 9. Banksy graffiti on the Lower East Side. In early October, the famous street artist Banksy exhibition announced its own new products on the streets of New York under the name «Better Out Than In». Outdoor exhibition caused a huge public response.
35. USA. Washington, DC. July 6. Solar Impulse – a plane, a solar-powered. First time in the history of the aircraft crossed the territory of the United States from one coast to the other, without spending a drop of fuel. (Solar Impulse)
36. UK. London. February 5. Swiss scientist Bertolt Meyer, who was born without a left forearm, holds “the world’s first bionic man” chin own bionic prosthesis. Shadow of a robotic project is estimated at $ 1 million
37. USA. Hawaii. April 20. Eruption of Kilauea Volcano.
38. USA. Washington, DC. June 23. Washington Monument on the background superluniya.