Children in Need 2012: your essential viewing guide
1. Fearne Cotton, Terry Wogan and Tess Daly host the six-hour fundraising extravaganza. The fun kicks off at 7.30pm on BBC One on Friday 16 November.
2. Boy band One Direction will start the Pudsey party.
3. There will be an extra special Doctor Who prequel to the show’s Christmas special, with a bespoke storyline made for Children in Need.
4. Strictly Come Dancing: the judges line-up for a special edition from Wembley.
5. Russell Grant and Ann Widdecombe return to the dance floor on a wing and a prayer for a special Strictly performance.
6. Pudsey Bear gets to dance with his new namesake, Pudsey the dog, winner of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent.
7. Pop superstars Girls Aloud will also reunite live in the studio at 9.00pm for the exclusive first TV performance of their much.
8. East London’s finest export Lord Sugar tries his hand at bargaining in an EastEnders special with Adam Woodyatt as Ian Beale.
9. Team GB’s coxless four – Alex Gregory, Tom James, Pete Reed and Andy Hodge – will be dancing to Beyoncé’s ‘Single Ladies’ from 9.30pm.
10. Swimmer Ellie Simmonds takes part in an Olympic/Paralympic ensemble music video to Basement Jaxx’s Do Your Thing.