1. A man dressed in a Santa Claus costume walks past sand sculptures of Santa Clauses created by the artist Sudarshan Pattnaik and his students as part of Christmas.
2. A general view of Manger Square, outside the Church of the Nativity, the site revered as the birthplace of Jesus, is seen on Christmas eve.
3. NASA astronaut Tom Marshburn does a flip in zero-g after arriving at the International Space Station Dec. 21, 2012.
4. Members of the Serpentine swimming club leave the Serpentine river after their Christmas Day race during a heavy downpour.
5. Kai Kubierske from Bonn, Germany, smiles as he emerges from an ice-filled pond at the Gulf of Finland on Christmas Day in Lauttasaari.