This is our first attempt to be water cooler and show you some of the coolest things we found in September 2014, I hope you like our new way of showing cool things.
1. Sunset on wave
2. A giant lava bubble, over a hundred feet across, explodes violently, extruding ribbons of volcanic glass in the air at the ocean entry in Kalapana. Photo by Bruce Omori.
3. Football stadium cut into the side of a mountain
4. Perfect cubes of pyrite found naturally
5. 88-storey tower atrium
6. Shell that resembles bacon
7. Colourful bismuth crystal
8. A transparent frog with her eggs
9. Leaf ‘Snowflake’
10. Exploding watermelon
11. Malachite gemstone
12. Manchester City football pitch pattern
13. World’s largest type of spider
14. ‘Take On Me’ music video
15. Instant Ice – Waterbending In Real Life!
16. Alka-Seltzer + Water in a microwave