Czech Republic’s Grand National, Velka Pardubicka.
1. Czech Republic jockey Jan Faltejsek – who had been based in the north of England with trainer George Charlton for six years – won the 122nd Velka Pardubicka in Pardubice.
2. The 54-1 winner Orphee Des Blins, who is trained by the Polish-born Greg Wroblewski, relished the conditions, which were testing.
3. There were 23 starters and plenty of well-fuelled racegoers in Pardubice
4. The Velka Pardubicka is the Czech Grand National, the biggest race in the country
5. Given the heavy conditions the race was remarkably incident free and included several British and Irish raiders, including seventh.
6. Becher’s Brook is our nearest equivalent to Taxis – and that is dwarfed by this fence.
7. Jumping for joy: Orphee Des Blins leads her rivals over Taxis during her victory in the Velka Pardubicka
8. The infamous Taxis fence was responsible for just one of the race’s three fallers
9. Orphee Des Blins (front) was ridden brilliantly by Faltejsek
10. Czech Republic’s jockey Josef Vana, 59, reacts after finishing third