1. An earthquake killed at least 15 people in northern Italy, damaging buildings and spreading panic among thousands of residents still living in tents after a tremor in the same region destroyed their homes just over a week ago.
2. Officials said several people were trapped under the rubble of houses and warehouses in the Emilia-Romagna region, where several building sites and workshops had just reopened after the previous quake on May 20.
3. Civil protection officials said 15 people were confirmed dead. Seven people were killed in the May 20 quake that, like Tuesday’s, had its epicentre not far from the city of Modena.
4. The 5.8-magnitude quake was felt across northern and central Italy, including in the most populous northern city Milan. The area was hit by several large aftershocks, one of 5.6 magnitude.
5. Several victims were workers crushed when factories collapsed, while a parish priest in the town of Rovereto di Novi was killed by a falling beam, reportedly after he went back into his church to save a Madonna statue.
6. Firemen carry a coffin in Mirandola
7. Muslim workers pray after colleagues were killed during an earthquake at a factory in Mirandola
8. A drawing is seen on a wall inside a destroyed house in Cavezzo
9. People walk past a collapsed building, after an earthquake, in Cavezzo
10. A damaged building is seen in Cavezzo, near Modena
11. An earthquake-damaged building is seen in Cavezzo
12. A woman is comforted by policemen in Mirandola
Ads by Google