Diamond Jubilee: the Queen meets famous faces
1. 29 October 1952: The Queen greets Charlie Chaplin, accompanied by his wife, Oona O’Neill, at the first Royal Film Show presided over by the Queen and her sister, Princess Margaret
2. 2 November 1955: Gina Lollobrigida curtseys and shakes hands with the Queen at the royal film premiere of ‘To Catch a Thief’ in London
3. 13 December 1955: The Queen arrives at the Leicester Square Theatre with Sir Laurence Olivier, to attend the world premiere of Richard III in aid of King George’s pension fund for actors and actresses. Sir Laurence Olivier produced and directed the film.
4. 31 October 1956: The Queen offers a gloved hand to Marilyn Monroe at the Royal Film Performance. Standing beside Marilyn is actor Victor Mature.
5. 27 October 1958: Frank Sinatra bows as he is presented to the Queen Elizabeth at the premiere of Danny Kaye’s Me and the Colonel
6. 16 May 1960: The Queen talks with Nat King Cole backstage at the Palladium Theatre after the Royal Variety Performance
7. 21 June 1967: The Queen meets Dick Van Dyke, Diane Cilento and Sean Connery at the world premiere of the James Bond thriller, ‘You Only Live Twice’
8. 14 May 1968: Tom Jones speaks to the Queen before the Royal Performance at the London Palladium. Standing next to Jones is Dusty Springfield.
9. 2 March 2005: The Queen presents Microsoft tycoon Bill Gates with an honorary knighthood at Buckingham Palace, watched by his wife Melinda
10. 21 November 2005: The Queen meets Dame Shirley Bassey backstage after the Royal Variety Performance in Cardiff