Hobbit fever has seized Wellington in New Zealand ahead of the world premiere
1. Up to 100,000 people are expected to line the streets of Wellington on Wednesday for the world premiere of director Peter Jackson’s long-awaited Middle Earth epic.
2. Hobbit fever has seized New Zealand and the capital is dotted with giant sculptures of key characters such as Gandalf the wizard atop.
3. …and a bug-eyed Gollum greeting visitors at the airport.
4. Even the airport baggage conveyor belts have been given a Hobbit makeover.
7. Images of scenes from the film and British actor Martin Freeman playing the central role of Bilbo Baggins cover the entire facades.
8. …to the side of an Air New Zealand plane.
9. Air New Zealand has gone Hobbit-mad with a Middle Earth safety video…
10. …and Hobbit flight socks.