The construction of the biggest Ferris wheel is about to complete, it is one of the biggest wheel in the world. This structure named Lai Yun Shi Zhuan which means “The Tides Turn.” ” Construction is underway park in Changzhou, in eastern China’s Jiangsu Province. Wheel height is about 89 meters, diameter is 84 meters and weighs 3,000 tons. Just have a look….
1. Construction work on the Ferris wheel began in 2009, and the cost was $ 23.8 million.
2. The wheel is being built in order to develop tourism in the area.
3 The Ferris wheel will move at a speed of 16.4 degrees per second, the total journey it will take about 22 minutes.
4. The largest Ferris wheel in the world is located in Singapore, and its height is 165 meters.
5. Construction of ferris wheels are very difficult and expensive for manufacture, it requires great precision, and the use of high-strength materials.
6. The drive system is particularly problematic, since the axis is not normal may be include the use of variants chain or belt transmission.Another option – is placing the entire propulsion system within the wheel itself.
7. Originally planned opening of the wheel is in June, but now it is postponed to October.
8. Among the top 10 tallest Ferris wheel in the world, seven are in China.