1. Controversial Conservative MP Nadine Dorries became the first “celebrity” voted out of the jungle, joining the illustrious rollcall of wooden spoon-holders from previous series.
2. Nadine Dorries (right) bottled out of her first Bushtucker Trial, failing to win any food rations for her campmates.
3. The 55-year-old Tory MP was chosen by public vote to undertake the ITV show’s first Bushtucker Trial.
4. Beforehand, she insisted: “I’ve got to deliver. Got to win. Nothing’s going to stop me doing it.”
5. The trial involved 3,000 cockroaches and 5,000 crickets
6. Eric Pickles, Communities Secretary, was asked if he had voted for Ms Dorries to be buried alive. “Yes, phone on speed dial,” he replied.
7. However, after just four minutes she screamed to be released and returned to the camp to deliver the news to fellow contestants.
8. Afterwards she said: “That was possibly the most horrific thing I’ve ever done in my life. It stopped for me when something started biting.
9. She did at least fare better than Helen Flanagan, the Coronation Street actress, who lasted barely 10 seconds in the same task
10. Nadine Dorries munched her way through the vilest meat on the planet as viewers put her through a second Bushtucker Trial.