1. U.S. astronauts Neil Armstrong smiles in the lunar module after his historic moonwalk are pictured in this NASA handout photo.
2. Indian sitar player Ravi Shankar performs in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata February 7, 2009.
3. Whitney Houston bows after performing “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength” at the 2009 American Music Awards in Los Angeles.
4. Dick Clark stands onstage during a tribute to him at the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
5. Actor Andy Griffith, Jan. 19, 1983. (AP Photo/Wally Fong)
6. U.S. author Gore Vidal poses at his home in Ravello, southern Italy May 9, 2001. Leading author Gore Vidal defended his decision.
7. Penn State head coach Joe Paterno watches his team during the fourth quarter of the Capital One Bowl NCAA football game.
8. NASA handout photo of Sally Ride aboard the Challenger Photographer: NASA.
9. Lead singer of the sixties rock band The Monkees, Davy Jones, sings on stage at the Newcastle Arena March 7.
10. Pop diva Donna Summer performs during the Nobel Peace Prize concert in Oslo December 11, 2009.