Notting Hill Carnival 2012
1. Thousands of people cheered the Notting Hill Carnival’s colourful procession through the sunny streets to the beat of steel drums and sound systems
2. Lines of traditional floats and brightly costumed dancers paraded along the three-and-a-half mile route during the event which marks the carnival
3. The party atmosphere saw face-painted children and families dancing on the side-lines and even police officers showed off their moves in front of the crowds
4. Sunday was the carnival’s family day and children and young people travelled on many of the floats from schools.
5. Young participants get ready for the Notting Hill Carnival
9. A performer dances in the street