A team of rangers of the reserve of Congo saved a baby gorilla, who was transported to potential buyers in Kirumba.
1. Rangers under the guise of three poachers were arrested in the town of Kirumba as soon as their hands got a little backpack, which hide the “goods” – a small gorilla.
2. This operation was the fourth since April of this year. “Four baby gorillas confiscated this year, less than a year, it’s an incredible amount – said by the director of Virunga National Park Emmanuel de Merodach.
3. A small handle a young gorilla.
4. The animal was named Shamavu – in honor of the ranger, who saved him.
5. Mountain gorillas – a very rare species, on the outside there are only 790.
6. About 480 individuals living in the reserve in the Virunga volcanoes, and even a little more than 300 – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda.
7. “Many of these pups have wounds and marks on the legs or waist of the rope, and some are very sick,” – said by reserve vet Ian RAMER.
8. Stolen gorilla sold for 40 thousand dollars.
9. This gorilla will remain in Rumangabo on the 30-day quarantine, and then moved to a facility for rescued gorillas Grace, to the west of Butembo.