1. President Barack Obama’s historic visit to Burma is meant to show America’s support for the country’s transition to democracy.
2. Myanmar was under military rule for a half-century until last year when a nominally civilian government took office and stunned.
3. President Barack Obama is accompanied by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
4. Obama’s short visit will be confined to Rangoon, the main city where the military brutally crushed pro-democracy uprisings in the past.
5. US President Barack Obama receives a bunch of flowers on arrival in Burma.
6. US security agents on watch for threats from the front lawn of the home of Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi, just prior.
7. Students wave flags as they wait to welcome the arrival of U.S. President Barack Obama at Rangoon International Airport in Burma
8. Burmese citizens line the streets as U.S. President Barack Obama’s motorcade drives through Rangoon
9. President Barack Obama (L) is greeted by Burmese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi (R) at her residence in Rangoon
10. Local residents gather outside Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s and wait for the arrival of US President Barack Obama
Ads by Google