1. British pomp and ceremony were on display today to welcome the Amir of Kuwait for his high profile state visit to the UK.
2. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince of Wales were present to greet the 83-year-old Arab leader.
3. The full ceremonial greeting came within historic Windsor Castle’s quadrangle where the 1st Battalion Irish Guards were formed.
4. The royal party arrived at the castle – said to be the Queen’s favourite home – in a carriage procession…
5. …accompanied by the dazzling sight of a sovereign’s escort provided by the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment in their breastplates.
6. A skittish horse unseated its rider…
7. …and bolted as the ceremonial procession carrying His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah of Kuwait.
8. The Prince of Wales accompanied Kuwait’s Prime Minister Sheik Jaber Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah
9. Already waiting was the Amir’s delegation, which included his government’s finance, foreign and commerce ministers.
10. State visits by foreign heads of state encompass not just the ceremonial but political, and economic elements and talks will be held.
Ads by Google