Superstorm Sandy aftermath: east coast of US struggles to get back to normal
1. Poll worker Lisa Amico helps voters by flashlight in a dark and unheated tent serving as a polling station in the Midland Beach section of Staten Island.
2. Ryan Nelsen and Fields Harrington ride a tandem bicycle to generate power for people to charge their mobile phones on Avenue.
3. Commuters disembark from the Staten Island Ferry one week after Superstorm Sandy crashed into New York
4. MTA employees observing the pumping of seawater out of the L train’s tunnel in New York City
5. Soldiers from the National Guard help to unload supplies to set up a donation distribution centre at St Camillus School in the Rockaways.
6. Used coats are distributed to locals in Brooklyn
7. Ariel Nadelberg pours hot soup into a cup at a parking lot that has become makeshift place where those in need can get food.
8. Residents gather around a fire in the Queens borough of New York City
9. People queue for fuel at a petrol station in Mastic, New York
10. An American flag hangs from the remains of the home of the Early Family at 4 Fulton Walk in Breezy Point, Queens, New York
Ads by Google