1. The 2013 Campari calendar features Spanish actress Penelope Cruz defying various superstitions, such as black cats, broken mirrors and walking under ladders.
2. January – Black Cats: In western history, black cats have often been looked upon as a symbol of evil omens, specifically suspected of being.
3. February – 13 Being Unlucky: The fear of the number 13 is so pervasive that it is officially known as triskaidekaphobia.
4. March – Opening An Umbrella Indoors: One theory as to why opening an umbrella indoors brings bad luck borrows from the idea.
5. April – Broken Mirror Is Worth Seven Years Of Bad Luck: One’s reflection in a mirror has traditionally been thought.
6. May – Sweeping Someone’s Feet: It was thought that a woman who couldn’t sweep a floor properly wouldn’t be a good wife.
7. June – Hats On Beds: It was believed that evil spirits lived in the hair and that by placing your hat on the bed you would transfer.
8. July – Bird Flying Into One’s House: Historically, when unusual incidents happened it was viewed as an urgent message falling.
9. August – Don’t Spill The Salt!: To spill salt was seen as an extraordinary waste as it was such a high value commodity.
10. September – Step On A Crack: Historically there have been various permutations of this well know superstition.
Ads by Google