The 2013 Campari calendar featuring Penelope Cruz
1. The 2013 Campari calendar features Spanish actress Penelope Cruz defying various superstitions, such as black cats, broken mirrors and walking under ladders.
2. January – Black Cats: In western history, black cats have often been looked upon as a symbol of evil omens, specifically suspected of being.
3. February – 13 Being Unlucky: The fear of the number 13 is so pervasive that it is officially known as triskaidekaphobia.
4. March – Opening An Umbrella Indoors: One theory as to why opening an umbrella indoors brings bad luck borrows from the idea.
5. April – Broken Mirror Is Worth Seven Years Of Bad Luck: One’s reflection in a mirror has traditionally been thought.
6. May – Sweeping Someone’s Feet: It was thought that a woman who couldn’t sweep a floor properly wouldn’t be a good wife.
7. June – Hats On Beds: It was believed that evil spirits lived in the hair and that by placing your hat on the bed you would transfer.
8. July – Bird Flying Into One’s House: Historically, when unusual incidents happened it was viewed as an urgent message falling.
9. August – Don’t Spill The Salt!: To spill salt was seen as an extraordinary waste as it was such a high value commodity.
10. September – Step On A Crack: Historically there have been various permutations of this well know superstition.