Model, actress and winner of the beauty contest “Miss Venezuela 2004″ Monica Speer was killed by unknown on Monday evening with her husband on the road in Venezuela. Their 5-year-old daughter was injured, and now doctors are fighting for her life.
1. Winner of the title “Miss Venezuela 2004″ 29-year-old Monica Spear and her husband, of Irish descent, were killed in an attack in Venezuela, their five year old daughter got a gunshot wound in the leg.
2. The attack happened on January 6 highway between Puerto Cabello and Valencia in the central part of the country. The car, in which whole family were together travelling, punctured tires. Most likely, it was not a fluke, criminals specially planted something on the road to trigger stops the machine in a deserted place in the dark.
3. Bodies were found inside the car. Wounded in the leg girl was rushed to the hospital where she had the necessary assistance.
4. Monica Spear Mutz was born October 1, 1984 in Maracaibo. In 2004 was chosen as the new Miss Venezuela, after which represented the country at the Miss Universe pageant in Bangkok. Then became the winner Natalie Glebova, a Russian immigrant from Canada. Monica Spear was the fourth runner-up.
5. After the contract with the organizers of the contest Monica studied theater arts at the University of Central Florida. Made her television debut role in the TV series My cousin Cielo in 2007, after which repeatedly appeared in various TV shows.
6. Speer recently resided in the United States, where, in addition to acting, worked as a TV presenter on the Hispanic channels.In his native Venezuela, she, came with his husband and child on vacation.
7. Venezuelan law enforcement authorities have launched an investigation and arrested five suspects, some of which are not even 18 years. According to preliminary data, the family tried to rob. Couple resisted criminals, for which they paid with his life.
Such crimes are not uncommon for Venezuela. The country is on the first place on the level of crime in South America.According to official data, 100 thousand people per year with 39 kills. But human rights groups argue that this figure is understated by at least half, and call other numbers – 79 homicides per 100,000 residents.