1. A woman walks away from the new Serpentine Gallery Pavilion, designed by Herzog & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei
2. The 2012 Pavilion takes visitors beneath a roof of water below the Serpentine’s lawn to explore the hidden history of its previous pavilions.
3. Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron pose at the 2012 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion. Ai Weiwei was not present because he is forbidden to leave China
4. The annual Serpentine Pavilion commission provides a leading architect who has never designed a work in the UK before with a generous budget, a busy public plot of land, and absolute freedom to create their fantasy temporary park venue. Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 by Peter Zumthor
5. Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2010 by Jean Nouvel