Is anyone is planning to go U.S. Hang on check the weather first then move ahead? see this here…
In the United States after New Year’s record snowfall came to abnormal frosts. In Washington this January is called the coldest in the last 20 years. Not yet cleared. Dozens of people in hospitals all have the same diagnosis – severe frostbite.
Abnormal cold expected in the coming days in several U.S. states. Forecasters warn that because of the cold front with arctic winds already this night the thermometer in some areas can drop to -62 C.
Check Video after pictures -
1. The cold air rushed into the territory of Canada and the United States of the Arctic regions, brought record of low temperatures.
2. Abnormal cold expected in the coming days in several U.S. states. Forecasters warn that because of the cold front with arctic winds already this night the thermometer in some areas can drop to -50 C.
3. Nominal values of the temperatures in the Northeast or Midwest can hardly come as a shock. Well that is for us to minus 15 or even 25? But high humidity – situated near the ocean – in combination with a strong wind turns even a short stay on the street in the test.
4. “If you are under forty, you’ve never experienced such cold.” Such alarming headlines of American news portals supply their weather reports.
5. Happening meteorologists classified as polar vortex. In fact, this is the perfect ice storm, which is unique in recent decades coincided several conditions – throw Arctic air masses from Canada and the low temperature of the Earth.
7. Ahead – minus 40-50, and in some cases even minus 62. Painting a picture of the ice apocalypse, meteorologists note that catastrophic temperature, they predict a person can experience only in conditions of strong wind gusts.
8. In TV channels sound advice on how to dress properly.
9. Social services are in alert mode as severe frosts can cost lives to homeless.
10. According to recent reports, 16 people became victims of heavy snow in the north-eastern United States and Midwest . Most of them died in the accident that occurred due to poor visibility, an American woman just froze in his car.
11. Current frosts could be the most severe in the past 20 years. The hardest hit have residents in North Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. In Minnesota colder night to -45 C and the local governor has already given an order canceling classes in schools across the state.
12. Unusually cold will in Chicago, Illinois. There will be -24 C, and the locals not recall such frosts already since 1994. According to ITAR-TASS, in northern Maine is expected to -25 ° C, and in the south – Connecticut – 23 degrees with a “minus”.
13. Local authorities urged residents not to leave their homes for their own safety, and also have orders roads will be clean by free transport of snow.
14. Chicago International Airport, one of the largest in the country, half of all canceled flights. In nearby St. Louis road is so covered with snow that ride on them is almost impossible.
15. The current non-standard winter and directly hit the U.S. economy. Under threat – grain exports.
16. Traditional ways of supply of wheat, corn and soybeans – navigable rivers and canals, which send bulk cargo barge – icebound. Snow drifts and blocked part of rural roads agrarian Midwest, so that their products can not send to farmers and trucks.
17. Bad weather affected the rail traffic, as well as work on the country’s airports. According to the latest in air harbors of New York, Boston, Chicago and Washington canceled more than 8,000 flights.
21. Frost will continue until mid-week, forecasters say, calling the cold deadly. Locals seem more optimistic, mold snowmen and even ride bicycles.