1. Hindu pilgrims line up to enter the Amarnath cave, near Sangam, 135 kilometres (83 miles) from Srinagar, Kashmir. Thousands of pilgrims annually go to the remote Himalayan shrine of Amarnath at 3,888 metres (12,756 feet).
2. Pilgrims wait to enter the trails during the journey to the Amarnath cave
3. A Kashmiri horseman leads his ponies through a glacier stream during the journey to the Amarnath cave
4. Hindu pilgrims cross a waterfall as they make their pilgrimage to the sacred Amarnath Cave
5. Pilgrims wearing track suits rest as they make the traditional journey to the Amarnath cave