1. Hindu pilgrims line up to enter the Amarnath cave, near Sangam, 135 kilometres (83 miles) from Srinagar, Kashmir. Thousands of pilgrims annually go to the remote Himalayan shrine of Amarnath at 3,888 metres (12,756 feet).
2. Pilgrims wait to enter the trails during the journey to the Amarnath cave
3. A Kashmiri horseman leads his ponies through a glacier stream during the journey to the Amarnath cave
4. Hindu pilgrims cross a waterfall as they make their pilgrimage to the sacred Amarnath Cave
5. Pilgrims wearing track suits rest as they make the traditional journey to the Amarnath cave
6. A Hindu holy man wearing little clothing walks down a snowy hill
7. A Kashmiri horseman leads Indian Hindu pilgrims on horseback across a stream
8. A pilgrim screams as her horse bolts, whilst a guide tries to regain control of it
9. The lifeless body of a Hindu pilgrim, killed in an accident as he was thrown off a horse and off the side of the mountain.
10. Pilgrims line-up for a meal at a facility providing free food
Ads by Google