Two female police officers shot dead in Greater Manchester
1. The two unarmed police constables killed attending a ‘routine incident’ have been named by Greater Manchester Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahey as Fiona Bone, 32, and Nicola
2. Sir Peter said Miss Bone was a calm, gentle woman, an excellent bobby and had been in the middle of planning her wedding.
3. One of the country’s most wanted men is believed to have lured the two unarmed female constables to their deaths.
4. Eyewitnesses said a hail of bullets was fired and a grenade was thrown during the attack in Hattersley, Greater Manchester.
5. Cregan, pictured above before he lost his left eye, had been the subject of a huge manhunt after the murders of David Short, 46,
6. The scene around the shooting in Abbey Gardens was cordoned off with a heavy police presence
7. Flags were lowered at the Greater Manchester Police Headquarters after the two police officers were killed.