Typically, A Marathon – A sure way to Health. But not everywhere. A few days ago WAS Held in Beijing, Probably the Most unhealthy Marathon on the planet, China Stolitsa Because on this day WAS Shrouded in smog. Air pollution levels Exceed 400 units , whereas the WHO believes that it is absolutely safe for human health is the level of 50 units. See Our Most unhealthy Marathon on the planet.
1. 34th International Marathon in Beijing Tiananmen Square Began in. Runners HAD to cover A Distance of 42 km and 195 m Turn to the finish line in the Olympic Park. (Photo: CHINA NETWORK STRINGER / REUTERS).
2. HOWEVER, this year’s Marathon WAS more than Usual Difficult, Because of the High Level of Air pollution. For some people PARTICIPATE in it WAS Simply dangerous. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
3. Many Participants in the Annual Beijing Marathon wearing masks, Respirators, to protect Somehow Their lungs from the Harmful Effects of smog enveloped That the Entire City. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
4. On the official blog of the marathon, which is administered by the Organization of Chinese Track and Field and the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Sports, the day before the event, there was a record that during the marathon can be … weak or moderate smog.(Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
5. HOWEVER, on Sunday Morning Turned out That He Could very strong: pollution Has Reached the Highest Level on the scale of China’s Air quality Assessment. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
6. Urban Services have Placed A Warning for Children, the Elderly and the sick, to this day They REMAIN in Their Homes, and for the remaining Residents of the Capital – to Avoid Outdoor Activities. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
7. HOWEVER, the Organizers of the Marathon are not very concerned About the warnings of Urban Services and not to Cancel the Event. Marathon Participants Were Asked to Take Part … in the condition of Their Health. Older people and Those WHO have Any Respiratory Disease, Offered to refuse to PARTICIPATE in it. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
8. But “caring” for the organizers of the 30 million registered marathon participants have prepared throughout the track about 140 runners Thousand Sponges That Could “Cleanse the Skin from the Harmful Effects of Air” – so wrote the Reuters Agency. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
9. ACCORDING to the US Embassy, Which is Daily from the roof of His Building Measures the Level of Air pollution, Run Under These Conditions WAS very dangerous for Health.(Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
10. American measurements showed that the air contains 244 micrograms of Particulate matter (Especially hazardous dust) per cubic meter of Air (use A Different scale for measuring the quality of Air). The World Health Organization Believes That A Safe Level – is 25 micrograms . (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
11. Smog Has Recently Become A Real problem in China, some Scholars have even Called it the Chinese Nuclear Winter. Severe Air pollution is associated with the development of the Dynamic Chinese Economy, the Government is not particularly worried About the Environment. (Photo: ANDY WONG / AP).
12. Increasing Environmental pollution Has Become A problem for the Ruling Communist Party of China, Which is Under pressure of Millions of Citizens WHO are Tired of inhaling hazardous Air.(Photo: AFP).
13. Why is not A Marathon Canceled? ACCORDING to the Organizers, it Would BE Difficult to Transfer to Another Marathon date, since it is related to A Long Process of Preparation, and Also Due to the Fact That 46 percent of the participants came from All over China and Other Countries. Therefore, They Asked All the marathoners Take Them to address with Understanding. (Photo: AFP).