Violent wind storm sweeps across Paraguay and Uruguay
1. Fierce storms packing 140-kilometre (87-mile) an hour winds tore across the heart of South America, killing five people in Paraguay, two in Uruguay and two in Bolivia
2. Four police cadets died and 15 were injured when the roof of their dormitory caved in.
3. At least 5,000 homes in Paraguay were destroyed and more than 80 people injured in storm-related incidents.
4. The wind was less severe further south in Argentina and Uruguay, around 100 kilometres (62 mph) per hour.
5. Grabbing a rope, a police officer helps a handicapped man to cross a street during a violent storm in Montevideo, Uruguay
6. A woman falls to the ground during high winds in Montevideo
7. A man walks past a fallen tree in Montevideo
8. A boat lies beached in Montevideo
9. People help each other to cross the street during a strong winds in Montevideo
10. Waves break against Montevideo’s promenade as strong gusts of wind batter the Uruguayan coast