1. Thousands of zebra and wildebeest cross the Mara river during the annual migration between Tanzania and Kenya.
2. But dozens of crocodiles lie in wait ready to pick off stragglers. Italian-born photographer Paolo Torchio captured the migration on camera.
3. He said: “The noise, the dust and the smell during the chaos is unforgettable. Crocodiles take advantage of the panic in the water, attacking and killing at will.
4. Paolo, who has lived in Kenya for 20 years, added: “The animals are well aware of the danger the crossing poses.
5. A crocodile drowns a wildebeest in the Mara river