If you live in a big city, where there is a metro, then you at least once, but it happens in this underground maze, it is one of the fastest ways to get to the destination without going through the tedious traffic jams. Sometimes, on the way to work or rush home, we do not notice that some of the metro station is just magical and deserve to be called a work of architectural art. See for yourself.
Slavic Boulevard Station on Arbat-Pokrovskaya line serves the area Fili-Davydkovo since 2008.
2. In addition to the chandeliers, Komsomolskaya metro station in Moscow decorated incredible beauty of the mosaic depicting key moments in the history of Russia from the 13th century.
3. Zamoskvoretskaya line Mayakovsky Metro Station was built in 1929 and decorated with mosaics depicting 34 “Nights of the Soviet sky” Alexander Deineka.
4. Dubai, UAE.
6. Under the Burjuman Shopping Centre and underground station, which opened only in 2009, but after it has been more than 15 million people.
Recently transformed into the framework of the project “The Art of the stations’ University of Naples subway station owes its bright and fashionable image of the artist Karim Rashid.
8. One of the most beautiful subway stations in the world – Toledo on line 1 – perfectly satisfies all the requirements of the project “Art Stations”: beautiful, functional and able to inspire the renewal and development of urban neighborhoods.
9. Metro Station Materdei literally surround you in art (there are works of art by artists such as Saul Levitt).
Station Galerie Place in Washington – is the point of confluence of the three busiest lines of red, green and yellow twig.
11. A Union Station is about 32 million people a year. It is a national transit hub since 1907.
12. Metro Center is at the heart of the rapid transit system of Washington.
13. Shanghai, China.
14. This tunnel in Shanghai is more like a drive to the Chocolate Factory Charlie than a subway tunnel.
The station is considered the Golden Gate of Kyiv Department of Cultural Heritage “new object of cultural heritage.”
17. Metro station is the end Libidska Kurenivsko-Chervonoarmiiska line for almost 30 years, but 4 years ago it was extended further south.
18. Metro Station Palace Ukraine is working since 1984. She was the last station, built on Kurenivsko-Chervonoarmiiska line to turn of the century.
19. Paris, France.
20. Station Arts et Métiers (Arts and Crafts) received her stimpankovskuyu aura during renovation in 1994 under the guidance of a skilled artist Francois komiksoveda Shuytena.
22. Pyongyang, North Korea.
23. While in Pyongyang many beautiful plants, this – called Yonggwang, probably the most prominent. It columns resemble torches, flashing in the night sky.
Station Central Park got its name (as it is not surprisingly) the proximity to Central Park Kaohsiung.
26. Open during urban renewal in 2008 on the eve of the World Games, Formosa Boulevard Station is best known for its dome light, “the world’s largest glass mosaic.”
28. Tokyo, Japan.
29. The Tokyo Station Iidabashi Station operates since 1928 and is considered mandatory to visit the sights of Japanese architecture.
Flora station in Prague was opened in 1980, and its construction took about 11.5 million dollars.
32. Metro station is named after the Hradcany Prague Castle and is the oldest part of the city line A.
33. To get to the station Namesti Miru, the deepest in Prague and throughout the European Union will have to go down the longest escalator in Europe (up to 52 m vertically down from street level).
34. Barcelona, Spain.
35. In 2007, the station Drassanes Barcelona experienced a noticeable upgrade and now resembles the scenery for a science fiction film. This is one of the closest to the Mediterranean stations.
On the U1 line of the Munich underground radiance of the 3-meter lamps hanging from the ceiling station Vestfridhof are the most photographed objects interior metro stations in the country.
38. Station Kandidplatts on the U1 line opened in 1997 and is probably the most colorful in the entire German underground.
39. Marienplatz station is at the intersection U- Bahn and S-Bhan, update it in 2003-2006., After the area has increased traffic.
One of the oldest stations Sledge Petersburg – Kirov Plant – located at the Kirov-Vyborg line.
41. Neoclassical marble and bronze Narva station provides an incredible atmosphere to passengers in 1955 (especially incredible given that the station serves more passengers than intended).
42. The end of the old line of Petersburg metro – station Avtovo – striking in its beauty.
On a green branch of the Montreal Metro Station is Papineau – 13th deepest in the country (almost 21 meters below street level).
44. One of the first metro stations opened in 1966 – the station is Champ-de-Mars on the orange branch. You will not pass by it, if you are traveling to the city hall of Montreal.
45. Namur Station opened in 1984 after the Montreal renamed the street on which it is built to keep the name of the station. The main local attraction – huge geometric sculpture Pierre Granshe from Quebec.
46. Lisbon, Portugal.
47. Olaias Station opened in 1998, on the red line of the Lisbon Metro.
Station Solna in Stockholm – one of the most famous in the world, largely thanks to the internet jokers who called her a “hell.”
50. The station Kungsträdgården metro station marks the end of lines 10 and 11 of the Stockholm metro. Here are stored artifacts and remains of Swedish architecture, destroyed in the 50th and 60th years.
51. The station T-Centralen – master node only Stockholm subway.
52. A special place: Old City Hall (New York, USA).
53. Station Museum (Toronto, Canada).
54. Alisher (Tashkent, Uzbekistan).
55. Bokengaymer (Frankfurt, Germany).
56. Platz Wilson (Warsaw, Poland).
57. Heidelberger Platz (Berlin, Germany).
58. O’Hare (Chicago, USA).
59. Station with Hyllie (Malmo, Sweden).
60. Canary Wharf (London, UK).