Floods and landslides in Assam and Sikkim states in northeastern India
1. Floods have forced nearly 1.5 million people to flee their homes in northeastern India where authorities have declared a health alert.
2. Rescue officials said in the latest floods, at least 2,200 villages had been swamped by overflowing waters from the rain-swollen.
3. Flash floods and landslides triggered by heavy rains have killed at least 30 people in the region.
4. Indian army soldiers rescue flood victims in the Sonitpur district of Assam
5. A woman puts her goats on a raft made from banana trees outside her flooded hut in Lachi Bishnupur village
6. People look at a damaged road after a landslide in Chungthang, Sikkim state
7. People work to remove the debris caused by a landslide in Chungthang, in the northeastern Indian state of Sikkim
8. Villagers wade through floodwaters in Nalbari district, Assam
9. Children pole a raft through floodwaters in Burhabrhi village, east of Gauhati, Assam state, India
10. A boy sits on a raft made of banana trees outside his flooded house on the outskirts of Guwahati