Idols of Hindu elephant-headed god Lord Ganesh are immersed
1. Indian Hindu devotees whisper their wishes into the ear of an idol of the elephant-headed god Ganesh before immersion at Juhu Chowpatty beach in Mumbai.
2. A man carries an idol of Ganesh on a makeshift raft to immerse it in the river Sabarmati in Ahmadabad
3. A crane lowers an idol of the Hindu god Ganesh, the deity of prosperity, into the Bay of Bengal.
4. Devotees offer prayers at a 58-foot (17.57 metre) tall idol of the Hindu god Lord Ganesh in Hyderabad
5. A boy with his face painted blue like the Hindu god Shiva, stands near an idol of Ganesh before immersing it in the River Ganges
6. Devotees offer prayers in front of an idol of Lord Ganesh in Amritsar
7. Devotees carry a statue of Ganesh into the Arabian Sea in Mumbai
8. Devotees arrive in a taxi carrying an idol of the Hindu god prosperity, for immersion into the Arabian Sea in Mumbai
9. Devotees with their faces covered in red powder dance in an alley in Mumbai during a procession
10. Devotees transport an idol of the elephant-headed Hindu god to their home in Mumbai