Niagara Falls is the collective name for three waterfalls that straddle the international border between Canada and the United States; more specifically, between the province of Ontario and the state of New York. They form the southern end of the Niagara Gorge.
From largest to smallest, the three waterfalls are the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. The Horseshoe Falls lie mostly on the Canadian side and the American Falls entirely on the American side, separated by Goat Island. The smaller Bridal Veil Falls are also located on the American side, separated from the other waterfalls by Luna Island. The international boundary line was originally drawn through Horseshoe Falls in 1819, but the boundary has long been in dispute due to natural erosion and construction.
In this article we see a different perspective from a photographer Dima-chatrov, who has taken photos from the inside.
Source: ZhZhurnal / Dima-chatrov
1. Dawn filming “Horseshoe” wide angle 16-35 / 4.0. Tripod, gradient filters, polarizer, protection from the rain. Actually, this is not even the rain. Wind from the waterfall continuously inflates small water slurry, it may drizzle a few seconds to arrange the filters and optics bath day.
2. In a mile downstream riverbed changes direction, and observers overlook the waterfalls all complex. In this frame whippable “Horseshoe” water fog crabs toward America.
3. In the summer time, on both sides of the river to the “Horseshoe” go commuter boats. It is worth $ 20 and the fun lasts about half an hour; ship approaches to the waterfall at the minimum possible distance. Each participant is given a plastic raincoat, ideally protects photo equipment.
4. Let’s go. On the left side of the foot floats “American” waterfall. It scored rocky fragments of different sizes, all of this is the result of a massive landslide in 1954.
5. When people talk about the survivors fall in Niagara, they mean “Horseshoe”. “American” and “Veil” (right in the picture and for him) not as affluent, and fall on these bags rock – a dubious pleasure.
6. Basis “Veils” at 70 mm.
7. The boat moves on and enters the zone of the “Horseshoe”. Its width is nearly eight hundred meters. In reality it is the angry wall of water roaring and furious, rises into the air tons of splashing. Well, seagulls, without account. I wonder what they are eating? No fish of sound mind and not per kilometer swim to this thresher …
8. With every gust of wind deck effusions water barrage. This delight and horror sweetish simultaneously.
9. … to grab the camera for a second and a half, to issue a series of shots and close again cloak.
10. The line of falling water “Horseshoe”. All this joy falls from a height of fifty-five meters.
11. Evening at the Falls include a backlight. Interestingly, she Niagara – rivulet broad but quite shallow. It is only here that she is going to the point of impact. You also want to jump there?