Although you are an active worker of your company but one fine day when you wake up in the morning and you do not find to walk to office or you feel lazy or some of your friend or relative is taking you out somewhere then you have to give excuses to your manager for sure.
We all experience days when we want to bunk office for no good reason or may there be a reason but we do not want to tell about it to our boss. Everyone does it, so if you are planning to take a day off once in a while, it is normal.
But we need a convincing false excuse, something so god that our boss will believe it without a doubt. Some excuses are not to be given. So here are some most given excuses of all the time. These excuses are funny and weird but really work.
Have a look. But remember that honesty is the best policy, so always try to be honest to your manager and tell him the right reason because a lie can dampen your image and reputation and your relation with your boss and you can lose his trust.
- “I was sprayed by a skunk.”
- “I fell on my dog and was unconscious.”
- “My bus broke down and was held up by robbers.”
- “I was in police station as I was arrested as a result of mistaken identity.”
- “I forgot to come back to work after lunch.”
- “I lost my shoes and couldn’t find them.”
- “I hurt my hand while bowling.”
- “I was bitten by a venomous snake and I was about to die.”
- “I had to take my wife’s jeep to mechanic as it was damaged in a collision with a cow.”
- “Some people were looking for me to beat me.”
- “My straightner burned my hair and I had to go to the hairdresser.”
- “I ran away with my lover.”
- “My alarm clock was damaged by my cat.”
- “I had to be there for my husband’s grand jury trial.”
- “I had to send my grandmother’s bones to India.” (note: she had passed away 20 years ago)
- “My dog wasn’t feeling well, so the employee tasted the dog’s food and then got sick.”
- “Someone put LSD in my salad.”
- “I was stuck on an island.”
- “My favourite American Idol contestant was voted off and I was depressed.”
- “I didn’t think I had to come in if I had time in my vacation bank. I thought I could take it whenever I wanted.”
- “I’m not feeling well and wanted to rest up for the company’s holiday party that night.”