We invite you inside famous statues and have look at those amazing and artistic works done. Go inside the famous statues of the world and explore their “inner world”.
1. Statue Antennae Daibutsu in Japan
2. Height: 100 m, 120 m – with a pedestal.
3. At 50 km from Tokyo in tendrils have a statue of Buddha Amitabha. Inside – four floors.
4. First floor – “infinite light and infinite life”: a darkened room where the sounds religious music and exude aromas.
5. The second – “The World of gratitude and appreciation”: dedicated to biblical studies.
6. Third – Sanctuary Lotus: a collection of 3,000 gold Buddha statues. On the fourth is an observation deck: walk do not have elevator takes visitors to an altitude of 85 m.
7. The statue of the goddess Kannon in Sendai
8. Height: 100 m.
9. In Japan, you can walk in the depths of another deity – goddess of mercy Kannon, which is located in the city of Sendai.
10. Infiltrating through the mouth of the dragon, you will see 33 statues of a female deity who personify human desires, 12 figurines relevant Chinese zodiac signs, and other religious symbols.
11. At the top, the 12th floor is the temple of the bodhisattva Kannon – here put 108 Buddhas, symbolizing the human suffering and delusion.
12. On top of a beautiful view of the city and golf course.
13. “The Motherland” in Kiev
14. Height: 62 m, 102 m – with a pedestal.
15. Sister Russian “Motherland” in Kiev on the right bank of the Dnieper is more interesting for tourists: it is possible to get by buying a ticket to the observation deck at a height of 36 or 92 m.
16. Within two lifts: one vertical – for tourists, the other inclined – technical.
17. A lift with nine stops until the head sculpture.
18. At the top there are hatches and technical fields. You can enter in both hands monument: a shield and sword.
19. Experts believe that the monument will stand for more than 150 years – he was not afraid of even an earthquake of 9 points.
20. Columbus Monument in Barcelona
21. Height: 60 m.
22. Many have been to Barcelona and passed by Columbus on La Rambla, but few can boast that he was inside, and even the top of the monument, as simply does not know about this feature.
23. In the meantime, it’s simple: you have to work around the monument, to find the door, pay a few euros and take the elevator to the top of the pedestal. From there, you will discover a picturesque view of the city: you can see and photograph the sea, the port and the surrounding streets. Do not pass by!
24. The Statue of Liberty in New York
25. Height: 46 m, 93 m – with a pedestal.
26. The French gave the legendary statue of the Americans in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
27. The opening took place in 1886. One of the engineers was the statue of Gustave Eiffel – the creator of the Eiffel Tower in Paris: it was he who made sure that inside the Statue of Liberty paved stairs and made two viewing platforms: the crown and torch.
28. At the moment only available to tourists in the crown area: through small windows you can look at Manhattan, the statue’s hands and tourists crowding at the foot. To do this you need to overcome the 356 steps on foot.
29. On the day allowed five groups of ten people, so tickets must be purchased in advance: they are now sold in October.
30. For a long time the statue would not let anyone: it was empty for eight years after the 2001 terrorist attacks, for security reasons, then the whole year is under construction. Now a symbol of New York City has a track security and modern lifts for the disabled.
31. The statue of Genghis Khan in Mongolia
32. Height: 40 m, 50 m – with a pedestal.
33. 54 km from Ulan Bator, in Tsonzhin-Boldog on the occasion of the 800th anniversary of Mongolia established the largest equestrian statue in the world – a monument to Genghis Khan.
34. In the body of the horse is a staircase and elevator, with which you can climb to the observation deck at a height of 30 meters – it is located right in the head of the animal.
35. In the pedestal under the statue of a museum, art gallery, map of Genghis Khan’s conquests, cafes, billiard room, conference room and shop souvenirs.
39. The Statue of Jesus Christ in Bolivia
40. Height: 34.2 m, 40.44 m – with a pedestal.
41. Inside the statue of Christ in Cochabamba is a spiral staircase from 1399 steps, breaking that you can look through the eyes of the statue of the city.
42. Bolivian statue at 2.5 m above the famous Christ the Redeemer monument in Rio de Janeiro, in the depths of which tourists are not allowed.
44. An exception was made only in May this year: the photographer and blogger Lee Thompson visited with a friend in the Brazilian Christ walked on his head and shoulders, and took off his self at the top of the statue.
47. The Statue of Jesus Christ in Vietnam
48. Height: 32 m.
49. The most beautiful views of the South China Sea opens from the viewing platforms that are installed on the shoulders of the statue of Christ in the city of Vung Tau.
51. The guide says that while they can fit six Vietnamese. So that tourists do not go hand Jesus, Vietnamese engineers stuffed on the shoulders of the statue special spikes.
52. The path to the top is not so simple: first you have to climb up the hill Nyo, then pass on the 129 steps of the spiral staircase.
53. Tourists are asked to abide by the dress code: entrance only barefoot women, it is desirable to be in a skirt, men – in the pants.
54. The statue “Bavaria” in Munich
55. Height: 18.2 m.
56. A small bronze statue “Bavaria” is in the meadow Theresa in Munich – at the foot of her annual festival “Oktoberfest”. But not all realize that inside the monument, which has more than a half century, hides a staircase with 66 steps: on it you can climb to the observation deck, located in the head of the statue, of course, if you do not suffer from claustrophobia.
57. Rare footage from the construction of the Statue of Liberty