Wildebeest and zebra are attacked Mara river
1. Thousands of zebra and wildebeest cross the Mara river during the annual migration between Tanzania and Kenya.
2. But dozens of crocodiles lie in wait ready to pick off stragglers. Italian-born photographer Paolo Torchio captured the migration on camera.
3. He said: “The noise, the dust and the smell during the chaos is unforgettable. Crocodiles take advantage of the panic in the water, attacking and killing at will.
4. Paolo, who has lived in Kenya for 20 years, added: “The animals are well aware of the danger the crossing poses.
5. A crocodile drowns a wildebeest in the Mara river
6. A wildebeest is attacked by a crocodile as it tries to cross the Mara river
7. Zebra and wildebeest desperately attempt to scale the Mara river’s banks
8. A crocodile lies in wait on the banks of the Mara river
9. A wildebeest is overcome by crocodiles in the Mara river during their annual migration
10. Chaotic scenes as zebra and wildebeest desperately attempt to scale the Mara river’s banks