The human body is the entire structure of a human organism, and consists of a head, neck, torso, two arms and two legs.
By the time the human reaches adulthood, the body consists of close to 50 trillion cells, the basic unit of life. These cells are organized biologically to eventually form the whole body.
The human body is the only machine for which there are no spare parts. Here is a collection of 10 Amazing and Interesting Facts About The Human Body.
1. The brain doesn’t feel pain: Even though the brain processes pain signals, the brain itself does not actually feel pain.
2. 80% of the brain is water: Instead of being relatively solid, your brain 80% water. This means that it is important that you remain properly hydrated for the sake of your mind.
3. Your brain comes out to play at night: You’d think that your brain is more active during the day, when the rest of your body is. But it’s not. Your brain is more active when you sleep.
4. Adrenaline gives you super strength: Yes, with the proper response in certain situations, you really can lift a car.
5. Your hearing decreases when you overeat: When you eat too much food, it actually reduces your ability to hear. So consider eating healthy — and only until you are full.
6. Babies always have blue eyes when they are born: Melanin and exposure to ultraviolet light are needed to bring out the true color of babies’ eyes. Until then they all have blue eyes.
7. Throughout your life, the amount of saliva you have could fill two swimming pools: Since saliva is a vital part of digestion, it is little surprise that your mouth makes so much of it.
8. A sneeze can exceed 100 mph: When a sneeze leaves your body, it does so at high speeds — so you should avoid suppressing it and causing damage to your body.
9. You are taller in the morning: Throughout the day, the cartilage between your bones is compressed, making you about 1 cm shorter by day’s end.
10. It takes more muscles to frown than to smile: Scientists can’t agree on the exact number, but more muscles are required to frown than to smile.
Your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body: Compared to its size, the tongue is the strongest muscle. But I doubt you’ll be lifting weights with it.
Appendix is basically useless: While it does produce some white blood cells, most people are fine with an appendectomy.
You can’t tickle yourself: Go ahead. Try to tickle yourself.
Being right-handed can prolong your life: If you’re right-handed, you could live up to nine years longer than a lefty.
The focusing muscles of the eyes move around 100,000 times a day: To give your leg muscles the same workout, you would need to walk 80km (50 miles) every day.
In 30 minutes, the average body gives off enough heat (combined) to bring a half gallon of water to boil.
I hope you have liked these pretty weird facts, if you have more strange or odd facts, please do share them with us in the comments below.
The tongue is not the strongest muscle in the body, it’s a combination of 16 muscles. The jaw is the strongest.
Check your sources before posting!
Pls read carefully : Compared to its size, the tongue is the strongest muscle.
Compared to its SIZE is what needs attention here
thnx for your comment
The jaw is a bone…
Jaspal, please read carefully yourself.
The tongue is a combination of muscles.
Have a nice day.
If it takes more effort to frown rather than smile, why do so many people frown?
Because they’re sad?
The amount of muscles involved in a task does not necessarily say anything about its difficulty. There are more muscles involved in frowning than smiling, but not more effort.
To test this, try doing some sort of repetitive small motion for 10 minutes, say tapping a finger. Then try walking up and down stairs a few times. Comparable effort, but which makes you more sore?
Tapping a finger is a comparable effort to walking up steps? Maybe you should try it yourself. As someone who walks up 25 flights of steps every day and spends considerable time tapping my fingers on a keyboard, I assure you there is no comparison in effort. Not in the mental effort, the muscles used, or the energy expended. hink about it.
It may take more muscles to frown, but it’s less effort per muscle, and less over all effort, it just happens more muscles are involved.
hey, u can kind of tickle yourself, lick the roof of your mouth and it gives off the same sensation but obviusly your not gonna rofl to it heh.
A Sneeze isn’t 100MPH, Mythbusters just tried that, it’s more like mid 30′s
Not to dispute either side of the argument, but how did 2 tonsils working out of a garage become the be all and end all of the scientific community?
A sneeze does not travel at 100 mph. This was recently busted on mythbusters. It might be a good idea to take the data in this list with a grain of salt….
I was actually thinking the same thing when I read this!
uh i was born at home at there;s a picture like 2 seconds after I was born…. they are bright orange. sorry dummy
Sorry, Fu. The bright orange was the flash being reflected from your infant retinas. Very similar to the “red eye” in so many pictures. I often get the same effect and color when photographing my dogs. How ironic that you called someone a dummy in a post that illustrates your own ignorance.
Haha, no kidding
You can tickle yourself. Try stroking your tongue lightly against the roof of your mouth. Many people , including me, can also tickle their feet. For me, it is mostly only the left foot, though. I’m right-handed, so go figure.
The tongue is not the strongest muscle in the body, no matter how you look at it. All muscle fibers are equal in contraction strength, so for it’s size it is equal to all other muscles.
WOW It’s amazing how many of you are doctors/scientists. Just because you saw it on mythbusters doesn’t make it real.
S.T. And just because you say it isn’t real doesn’t make it not real. So please be a bit specific. Exactly what on Mythbusters was not real? Or are you just complaining?
Why you act like a prick James?
Its an amazing post many of the things i didn’t even knew. If these fats are known to everybody it will definitely help people in many ways
Oh my…I feel so naiive not knowing about these earlier for some reason. They’re really interesting and cool.
But I’m a lefty, so that means I’ll die nine years earlier? Not fair
“You can’t tickle yourself: Go ahead. Try to tickle yourself.”
I’ve tickled myself a lot in my life so I can’t agree with that one.
this is a stupid website….. if things arn’t proven then u shouldn’t post it u dummy urbonly. going b told ur wrong over and over and over… And I agree with that one persons, it may use more muscles to frown than to smile but the muscles arnt as strong and lest used sooo …..
Better start smiling more
6 is a lie, I was born with the dark brown eyes I carry today, they are way to dark to be ever been seen as blue
Don’t “Eat until you’re full.” Eat until you’re not hungry anymore. You do not need to feel full to have eaten enough. Feeling full means you overate.
Amazing Facts & Didnt know brain is 80% water.
Water is a solution for every body disease
not all babies are born with blue eyes….
Yes my 2 sons were both born with black/dark brown eyes
One of the best sites i have ever visited! Thanks
The enamel is the strongest part of the body as it contains hydroxyapatite.
Can you post which are wrong above.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.