Check out the weekly collection of picture of machines…….
1. I see r/MachinePorn loves soviet-era machinery. Here’s a rare beast: Zil-4904 screw-drive all-terrain vehicle
2. The “Ditch Witch” Track Trencher
3. It’s a simple machine, but I just got my grandfathers 1932 Royal 11 typewriter restored to perfect functional condition and I am absolutely in love with it.
4. The biggest engine that CAT has ever built. It is a V20, for a generator
5. Tatra T955, an air-cooled 22-liter W18 diesel engine prototype from 1943
6. Detail of Bletchley Park Bombe (WW II Deciphering Machine)
7. The 43 Meter (140 Foot) Telescope, a radio observatory equipped with the world’s largest equatorial mount, located in Green Bank, West Virginia
8. udi 3.7l Monoturbo V6 diesel from the R18 e-tron Quattro Le Mans racer.
9. Return bullwheel at top of ski lift [Tsakhkadzor, Armenia]
10. By far the smallest machine this forklift has ever lifted. Our maintenance team leader/engineer has balls of steel driving across old bumpy uneven asphalt between three facilities almost daily. Vehicle details available fri. afternoon after i pick his brain.
11. Otis Steel Co. employees stand next to a ladle crane, circa 1930s
12. 1937 Caterpillar D8 – 132 HP of New Deal Funded Iron.
13. Gossamer Condor in Flight
14. A monstrous rotating mining shovel, circa 1950s
15. Brew Kettles @ Anheuser-Busch. Merrimack – New Hampshire
16. TT2300C Crawler Chain Trencher
17. Thread Gauges in 3D (crossview)
18. Rear of the SR-71 Blackbird at IWM Duxford
19. The BAT-M (БАТ-М) – a soviet-era engineering vehicle. A hybrid of a tank, a truck and a snow plow
20. The Sample Analysis at Mars Instrument inside the Mars Rover Curiosity
21. Gigantic abandoned Tesla coils in Russia
22. PAR MR-125 5-axis Gantry Robot. This is a really big CNC machine.
23. Another Soviet Vehicle – ZiL E167 – Twin 90HP 3.5L Engines
24. [OC] 1976 Parsons 150MW steam turbine: high pressure section reheat return end (1800psi)
25. CAT 797 Dump Truck Being Assembled
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.