1. Nine years ago, Japanese photographer Miyoko Ihara began snapping pictures of the relationship between her grandmother and her odd-eyed white cat.
2. Misao named the white cat “Fukumaru” in hope the “God of fuku (good fortune) comes and everything will be smoothed over like maru.
3. Fukumaru is always in Misao’s shadow whether she is farming her land, having a bath, eating or sleeping.
4. The 30-year-old photographer said: “My grandmother and her cat are always together.
5. “My grandmother’s hearing has become weak and Fukumaru also has hearing disabilities.