35-year-old Filipino is already 16 years old, took plastic surgery to be like Superman.
Meet Herbert Chavez, working with a “living statue”, since 1995 periodically falls under the knife to become more popular like a comic hero. His house is in Kalamba Laguna (south of Manila) is practically littered with objects with the image of Superman – from T-shirts and bed sheets and pillows to the figures.
What appears here is not enough, because you will also find the figure of Spider-Man life-size, which “crawls” on the wall outside the house.
Superman character ascended to heaven, when the late actor Christopher Reeve donned his famous red and blue costume in a film in 1978, after which three sequels came out. In 2006, in the movie “Superman Returns” director Bryan Singer, and also Brandon Ruth.
As a result of numerous operations Chávez face recalls combination of those two actors.
1. Herbert Chavez posing with the figures life-size Superman at his home in Laguna Kalamba. Chavez – the owner of two stores costumes, he made a series of plastic surgery on her nose, cheeks, lips and chin, and even changed the color to be like his hero – Superman. As a result, now his face is not like the fact that he had before.
2. In these photos you can see the changes after plastic surgery.
3. Herbert Chavez with the figures of Superman in full size.
4. Here is the room 35-year-old Chavez.
5. Herbert Chavez with his photograph taken at age 16, before he began his trips to the plastic surgeon.
6. Herbert shows his catalog costume Superman in his own shop.
7. Herbert with his collection of shirts, some of which are made by him.
8. Herbert shows his collection of neighbor.
9. Since 1995, Chavez has changed his chin, put silicone and increased hip. Some of the experts suggested that Chávez’s is a patient of psychological disorder known as dysmorphic disorder corporal. “These people will not settle for just one operation, they will still think that something is wrong” – say the experts.
10. Chavez with neighborhood children, and statues of Superman in full size. In the background you can see the very figure of Spider-Man does not quite fit into the overall “supermensky ‘entourage.