1. A river runs through it: these aerial photographs of London 2012 venues across the city by Jason Hawkes show the progress that is being made as the start of the Olympic Games approaches.
2. A temporary arena, with a capacity similar to Wimbledon’s Centre Court, is being constructed on Horse Guards Parade, on the prime minister’s doorstep…
3. …Dating back to 1745, the parade ground hosts the Trooping of the Colour event that takes place on the Queen’s official birthday each year.
4. Greenwich Parkis the venue for equestrian events. A 5.7-kilometre cross-country course will feature over 42 jumps, and a main arena is being built in front of the Queen’s House within the grounds of the National Maritime Museum.
5. Props that will be used in the opening ceremony are positioned in the stadium.
6. A lighting test is conducted in the Olympic Stadium.
7. An aerial view of The ArcelorMittal Orbit, a 115-metre-high (377 ft) observation tower and public sculpture by Anish Kapoor
8. The Olympic rings are lit up in purple on top of Tower 42 in the City.
9. Giant Olympic rings hang from Tower Bridge in this view along the Thames.
10. The hockey courts at the temporary Riverbank Arena in the Olympic Park are spruced up