Astronaut’s incredible photos from space
1. The Australian bushfires, this one near Burrinjuck Dam. Look closely and you can see the flames from orbit.
2. Humans need straight lines, nature doesn’t. Indecisive river and orderly farmers, central Asia.
3. Key West, Florida. A fun place to rent a bike and see for yourself.
4. Even from 400 km up you can sense the searing dryness of southern Saudi Arabia.
5. Goose Bay, Happy Valley, Labrador. I flew CF-18s as an RCAF fighter pilot here.
6. Australia – the dryness creates colours and textures that make the Outback immediately recognizable from space.
7. Thunderstorm from above. What animal to you see?
8. Glacier tongues in the Himalayas.
9. Here is a closer view of Qingdao (Tsingtao). Much easier to see the bridge in this photo.
10. An island made for running laps. Off the coast of Indonesia.